Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Open Source Paintball Board (OSPB)

Been digging around and thought I would run my tagline through the ol google and see what I could come up with.

Apparently this ISNT the first, second, or third time this type of project has attempted to get off the ground! Now I will say I think im the only one to have actually posted vids of working programming, and to have posted some basic schematics, but its interesting to see that this path is well trod.

Seems like most of the others start down the road of open source, but then cant get a big enough group together to make it work.. Not that many electronics/programmer paintballers I guess! :-)

Anyways, the reason for this post is because Scenario Dreams made their schematics public. THATS A AWESOME MOVE and is honestly like 50% of what im doing.. The only downside to what the UTB is, is that its based on a PIC.. And to develop for PIC, you have to pay for the software which is VERY expensive. Honestly thats why im going for Arduino is because the IDE is free..

No comments:

Post a Comment